In order to receive a Cash Card, you will need to verify your Cash App account using your full name, date of birth, the last 4 digits of your SSN, and your mailing address. The following information will allow you to set up accounts in seconds.
This process is required by law to deter fraud and theft and comply with regulatory reporting requirements.
If you are looking to increase your Cash App transaction limit or fund your account, you need to verify your identity according to their guidelines.
This article shows you the easy steps to verify Cash App identity and become a verified user. You may have heard about the fact that you need to verify your identity on Cash App. The verification process is in place to keep the platform free from fraudulent activity by creating a safety net for both users and Square.
How to verify A Cash App Account?
Table of Content
- 1 How to verify A Cash App Account?
- 1.1 How Long Does It Really Take To Verify Your Identity?
- 1.2 How To Check If Your Cash App Account Is Verified?
- 1.3 Benefits of Cash App Verification:
- 1.4 Why Does The Cash App Get Your Social Security Number?
- 1.5 How to Verify Identity on Cash App Without Social Security Number?
- 1.6 How To Verify Your Cash App If You Are Under 18?
- 2 Conclusion:
It is the easiest verification method to verify your account according to Cash App. However, it is only available for US users. Most of the users have successfully demonstrated their Cash App account by following this method. Let’s get started:
- Open the Cash App on mobile.
- Click on your “Image Icon” located at the top right corner.
- Choose the “Personal Tab” option from the sub-menu.
- You need to enter the details like the last four digits of SSN, billing address, and date of birth, and upload your latest picture.
- When the verification is done, you need to wait for 2 business days to be approved your identity.
- After, you will get a new notification after approval.
- You are now a verified, user.
How Long Does It Really Take To Verify Your Identity?
Within 48-72 hours, your account and identity will be verified. To verify your account, you’ll need to provide your full name, date of birth, and address. You can use all the procedures through the CashApp mobile application.
How To Check If Your Cash App Account Is Verified?
If you have a verified account, you will receive a confirmation email from the Cash App team. A blue verification badge next to a $Cashtag means an account is the authentic presence of the public figure, celebrity, or global brand it represents.
Benefits of Cash App Verification:
- If your Cash App account is already verified, you should notice the changes starting today. The important change is the daily spending limit. Once your Cash App is verified this limit increases from $500 to $7,500.
- Another change that you will see after your account is verified is a small checkmark next to your Cash App account name.
- More from Cash App, lets you buy and sell Bitcoins. You can deposit your paycheck directly into your Cash App wallet and it will appear in the form of BTC (Bitcoin) or USD (US Dollar). For all this, you need to verify your identity.
- You can now use Cash App to deposit checks, get direct deposits, and even withdraw cryptocurrencies.
Why Does The Cash App Get Your Social Security Number?
By verifying your social security number, you are armed with extra protection and feature access to Cash App. Many users have made the same mistake of not verifying their account and they get hacked.
Cash App is a money transfer application that operates legally and every transaction on Cash App is reported to the government agencies to track and avoid scams taking place in between.
How to Verify Identity on Cash App Without Social Security Number?
Some people are unable to obtain SSNs, but may still be able to download the Cash App and use it as a payment platform. The only limitation is that they won’t have access to some of the app’s features, one of which is being able to invest money in stocks and funds and send or receive limits.
If you are trying to send money through the Cash App without an SSN, here’s what you need to do:
- Go to Play Store or App Store.
- Download and install the application.
- Share your credit card information.
- Simply go to the “Send Money tab”.
- Choose “I don’t have an SSN.”
- Now enter the phone number of the receiver.
- Choose the “Pay” option or “Request”.
- The receiver will get the code till then wait.
- The receiver needs to enter this code into the required field.
- After this. You are done.
How To Verify Your Cash App If You Are Under 18?
In many states, people aged 15 or younger are not allowed to have a Cash App account. The reasons range from ‘being a minor’ to having an underage one. Thankfully, there’s still a way to verify your Cash App even if you’re under 18. Let’s get into the question of how to verify Cash App if under 18.
Creating a Cash App account is a pretty straightforward process. The app is free to download, and anyone can sign up for this free service.
When you sign up for Cash App, you provide a number of details like your name, email address, and phone number. If you are not a verified adult, you will be limited to sending $250 per week and $1000 monthly.
We hope you enjoyed reading this article, and that we answered your question. If you’re still unsure about anything, feel free to leave a comment below and we’ll do our best to answer it as soon as possible.